Newark and Sherwood District Council
Castle House, Great North Road, Newark, NG24 1BY – open Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Tel; 01636 650000
* Collects council tax, and, after taking the amount due to run its own services – known as the precept – redistributes the rest to county, parish and town councils, also the police and fire services
* Leisure including council owned sports centres (managed by Active4Today), the new Sports Village at Newark Sports and Fitness Centre (which will be operated by the YMCA) and theatres such as Newark’s Palace Theatre
* Environment including public parks and open spaces such as Sconce and Devon Park
* Rubbish collection and recycling on behalf of Nottinghamshire County Council.
- The council recycling centre is in Brunel Drive, NG24 2EG.
- Opening times here: http://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/recycling-centres/details/Newark
- Bin collections and what to recycle: https://www.newark-sherwooddc.gov.uk/recycling/
* Planning permissions including for new housing, estates and business premises; also extensions
* Social housing (rented) – this is managed by Newark & Sherwood Homes – www.nshomes.co.uk
* Economic development of the area such as promoting tourism and encouraging business investment
Fernwood is within the Farndon and Fernwood ward of the Newark and Sherwood District Council.
The district councillors who cover the ward are Neill Mison, Keith Walker and Ivor Walker
image attribution Newark & Sherwood District Council